Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL) has been identified as NCS-TCP Management Cell (NMC) for coordination of various components of NCS-TCP, to ensure effective monitoring the implementation programme in country. BCIL is the company promoted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India and the all India financial Institutions to facilitate accelerated commercialization of biotechnology by providing necessary linkages among research laboratories, universities, industry and the government. The Major responsibilities of NMC are as follows:
- Recognition of tissue culture production facilities/Accreditation of test laboratories(TL)and their renewal.
- Advisory Services and Updation of Guidelines/ Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitoring of Recognized TCPFs, ATLs and Referral Centres.
- Information Management with respect to NCS-TCP.
- Providing Certification Labels to ATLs for the further issuance to recognized TCPFs against certified batches of tissue culture raised plants.
- Coordination for redressal of grievances.
- Organizing awareness programme, training and capacity building of TCPFs in country.
- Close interaction with Apex Committee, Project Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(PMEC) and Technical Working Group.
- Obtaining feedback from stake holders on NCS-TCP.
Key official of NCS-TCP Management Cell:
Dr. Shiv Kant Shukla
NCS-TCP Management Cell &
Dy. General Manager
Biotech Consortium India Limited
Anuvrat Bhawan, 5th Floor
210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg
New Delhi - 110002 - India